Hitler Is A Meme 15

Welcome, visitors from The New York Times, Huffington Post, Mashable, etc.

Article: The Hitler Meme

You’re likely looking for my Hitler Is A Meme Downfall parody. It was pulled from the YouTubes a while back, but is still hosted at Break.com, where it was posted by Holy Taco shortly after its release. Watch it here.

Being labeled a “superb parodist” is quite a compliment, and I’m humbled. Thank you, Virginia!

Anyone wishing to contact me by e-mail may do so at:
seanodotcom (at) yahoo (dot) com.

You can also follow me on Twitter.

Hitler is a meme – parodie La Chute

15 thoughts on “Hitler Is A Meme

1. Reply Dr. LS Oct 26,2008 8:47 am

Brilliant, again showing Mel Brooks’ wisdom when he noted that the only effective response to Hitler was to laugh at him.

Now for you, brilliant, brilliant work. “Superb Parodist”

2. Reply Brooke Oct 26,2008 6:26 pm

Thanks for making this piece so easy to find for us NYTimes readers. Very funny – AOL, internets – wonderful!

3. Reply Cora Oct 28,2008 8:59 pm

Sean,

I finally, finally got a chance to view this. I’m sorry I was so late to the party. This is brilliant!

Congrats on the recognition you deserve!!!

4. Reply Dave Jan 9,2009 5:49 pm

Good work, I didn’t realize it was you that started the meme. I actually started a website for these videos in case you want to see some of the other ones people made http://hitlerme.me .

(It’s not finished yet but it’s getting there.)

Cheers, Dave.

5. Reply Brad Templeton Jan 22,2009 8:27 pm

Too bad you caved in to the takedown on Youtube. You have a right to send a counter notice that it is fair use, and youtube will put it back up, but then you take responsibility.

Now the status of the other videos might be subject to debate, because they are not parodying Downfall, but rather some other situation using Downfall as a tool. Or at least the studio could argue that — there are good arguments that the parody only works because of the over-the-top anger of the scene.

But yours is in a place by itself. You are parodying the phenomenon the use of the film, and so you can’t help but use the film. It’s a clear fair use in my view, and I think you could have stood by it if you wanted to.

6. Reply Andy Mar 16,2009 11:26 am

Indeed, even Hitler is getting a little fed up with all these Downfall parodies.

–Andy
    MastersofHumility.com

7. Pingback: Overstream.net Blog » Blog Archive » Hitler’s Ultimate Downfall

8. Reply Brad Templeton May 28,2009 3:33 pm

As a followup to the bogus takedown of your video from Youtube, I now have a video of Hitler as the producer trying to do DMCA takedowns.

You might enjoy it at:

9. Pingback: אסכולת הכורסא » Copyfight 4: "המתרגמים בעם" ועוד כמה מילים על ספרות חופשית, חי

10. Reply robb Sep 16,2009 7:12 am

gotta loved this scene.
    people had made a lot of meme from it.
    i guess the best is the one with MJ.

11. Pingback: Sean O (seanodotcom) 's status on Thursday, 01-Oct-09 16:56:17 UTC - Identi.ca

12. Pingback: Hitler parodié sur Youtube : c’est «

13. Pingback: Best in Blogs: Facebook F8; iPhone 4 Leak; Hitler Video Takedown - blog de actualidad tecnologica - com3.es

14. Reply Chokas Filmer Jul 1,2011 10:49 pm

Why still talking about Hitler, he was very cruel person, history will never forget him.

15. Reply Matthew E Dec 23,2011 8:52 pm

You can still do what Brad did – send a counter notice that it is fair use – e.g. by using Brad’s notice as a template and sending off a quick email. You’re too scared? I’ve sent off takedown notices and counter-notices; IANAL.